May 10 2012
The Beco Gemini is a soft structured carrier recommended uses for newborn-toddler (up to 35#) ages, can use it for front carry, back carry and hip carry. It comes with a foldable headrest.
- This carrier offers 4 positions (with a facing out front carry) to carry baby. While some baby wearers recommend to not carry in this position (places stress on baby’s groin area and doesn’t allow baby to selectively filter out too much stimuli), I think it would be OK for short periods (1/2 hour) if not used repeatedly.
- The straps can be crossed in the back for any type of front carry. Ergonomically, this makes the carrier very comfortable and ideal for longer baby wearing and the best posture wise for most people.
- The base of the carrier can buckle inward for a smaller fit for younger babies.
Who would benefit most:
- Parents/Caregivers with back problems that want to baby wear.
- Parents/Caregivers that want to wear their baby facing out for short periods.
- Parents/Caregivers who want to engage in outdoor activities such as hiking with their infants.
- Parents/Caregivers who live in a climate that has mild to cooler temperatures.
Tips for parents with children that have special needs:
- Would work well with children with that need a lot of support for high and low tone (but able to hold head and sit up with minimal support.
- Good for a child that needs extra head support with a soft and comfortable hood that is easy to adjust.
- Good for Parents/Caregivers who might be concerned their child would unbuckle straps (buckles have safety buckles to prevent opening).
- Parents/Caregivers that need to have their child stretch abductor muscles (inner legs) and are able to do so with a gentle stretch.
Examples on How to Use in Therapy:
I loved using this carrier as the days got cooler in S. CA and purchased it because of the cross back. It was very comfortable. I liked the modern look of this carrier and the styles available. I enjoyed wearing this to the bus stop to pick up my too older kids as well. It is very sturdy and well made.