May 10 2012
The Baby Ktan is a shorter wrap type carrier that slips on over shoulders. It is recommended uses for newborn-toddler (up to 35#) ages, can use it for a variety of positions including a cradle position and front carry.
- This carrier was created by a parent of a child with special needs and is easily transportable and easy to place on. The front straps turns into a storage pouch.
- The carrier can be placed on without having to worry about long straps hanging while putting on and is fairly easy to use.
- The carrier is light weight and is a good option for warm climates.
- The main part of the carrier can be used in a pinch with an extra hand hold around baby similar to carrying baby, but with support (see picture at bottom).
Who would benefit most:
- Parents/Caregivers wanting something easy to place on quickly and take with them.
- Parents who don’t want to deal with straps or buckles.
Parents with children that have special needs:
- Parents/caregivers that need a quick option to have their child stretch abductor muscles (inner legs).
- Parents/Caregivers who have a baby that is fairly strong but need to practice trunk strengthening skills and need an extra hand. (See picture below)
Examples on How to Use in Therapy:
This is a simple technique to use to help baby reach to each side while sitting in the carrier in hug hold. It gives the wearer an extra hand.
This carrier is very easy to use and take on the go. The material is very light and a light color would be an option in the warmer months in warmer climates with monitoring. The versitality is good but baby may outgrow it more quickly than other carriers. I found it very stylish as well.